January 30, 2009

Review: SMP

It's been almost 2 months since I returned from SG and since then I've been hearing good things about this new beer from San Miguel. Some even said that it tastes better than Red Horse beer (paborito ko!). Well, yesterday I finally got my hands on this new beer: San Miguel Premium All-Malt.

Cool thing about this beer is the very classy-looking 330 ml green bottle ala-Carlsberg/Heineken. It has 5% alcohol volume which is like San Mig Light. The smell is also good, though of course it still smells like beer, but it's not as foul as the others. As far as the taste goes, I'm not sure what "All-Malt" means, or what makes it different from other beers, but let me tell you.. HELL NO it doesn't taste better than Red Horse!! not even close! It tastes like.. hmm.. the middle ground of San Miguel Pale Pilsen and San Mig Light. Or maybe I was just overhyped that's why I'm expecting more..

By the way, this beer costs 48 PHP in SM Supermarket, maybe 50+ PHP in 7-11 stores. Well, I'll just take my 48PHP, put a little more change, go to the sari-sari store sa may kanto, and buy 2 RH500's for more value! :)

4 comments:

Baba (ponggoloids) said...

give me a HELL NO!

Happy Horse anyone? :-)

Anonymous said...

hanep may review pa :P

Anonymous said...

happy horse!! :D

syempre dpat may review alkohol yan e :p

Anonymous said...

lashinggero!!! LOL