August 12, 2008

Basketball Awards...

ok, so we had this basketball league at AIU. I wasn't expecting anything, well, mainly because we finished with a 2-6 elimination record and were the 4th place out of 5 teams. It was a forgettable league, plagued with fights within the team, our lone big man assigned abroad that really hurt our chances of winning, and of course, the inevitable string of injuries. yet, i had these awards(and i'm not about to explain how dubious these are...):


Rookie of the Year
and
Mythical Five Selection (Small Forward)


It's about time I have something to show for playing the game that i love most.

I'ma throw in a clip here. Special thanks to my MVP for shooting this one :)

But the awards are not that important. I don't mean to be cheesy and all, but what's important is the camaraderie that I gained with my teammates, and also with the other competing teams. All the beer drinking and even the partying sessions that I had with the employees of this new company does not even compare to the fun that I had playing with this team, even if we lost most of the time. Coz everytime I play with this team, I'm not faking smiles or laughs or anything, it's the most genuine i-really-had-a-good-time-being-with-you-guys since hanging with the people in OOCL/s19. and that, speaks a lot...

No comments: